Friday 10 June 2011

A Junkie's Fix

I can't explain it but I just have a thing for junk. Remember Furbies, pokemon cards, VHS tapes and MY LITTLE PONY?? Still got 'em. Or how 'bout your half broken camera that's been lying in the bottom draw since you were 17? Yerp, still there. I don't know what it it but it just feels wrong to dump stuff. I think I just have this strange middle aged old man mentality of keeping everything. It's only a matter of time that I'll begin to hoard a collection of... kitten calenders. As annoying this habit can be (especially people who have to live with it) it can come in pretty handy. This ole stereo belonged to my Grandad and I immediately jumped in to save it. I have zero interest in analogue radio but I just wanted it. It was lying in my room for I dunno lets say 365 days. And today I decided to spray paint it.
I used Alien spraypaint - Amarillo Claro. T'was only €3 from Vibes and scribes.
I've been so out of the bloggin' days I forgot to take a picture of it beforehand DOI
So you'll just have to take my word for it.


Click to zoomen

7 comments:

  1. now that makes a pretty cool looking decorative piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so neat! I think I need to take a trip to the paint store... I don't have an awesome old stereo, but I definitely have a few cassette tapes that could use some color!!

    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (found you via iShareCrafts btw)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay glad to be of some inspiration! I never even thought of doing cassette tapes, love to see how they turn out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly! It probably won't happen for a bit, though... I've got a million and one projects in my head already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. could i see more photos of the wall that it's pictured in front of? also, did you disassemble and gut the unit before painting? I don't imagine you'd need all the electronic bits in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's actually a twig fencing outside in my garden. Well my old garden. I've moved houses so I can't take a new picture of it but I dug up an old one. It's not that great but it was the best i could find. You can buy rolls of those twigs in garden shops if you're interested.
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3e3KtNaWUoc/ThRhLdT_JwI/AAAAAAAAAmM/pYXMhmPtJLQ/s576/DSC_1024.jpg
    I didn't see the need to disassemble it. Just took out the batteries and gave it a good clean with an old toothbrush!

    ReplyDelete